Friday, October 16, 2009

A faith sharing experience

A faith sharing experience

By Br. Crescens Lemos, sdb

“What guides my happiness is my faith in Jesus. He knows my hopes, my desires, and I lean on him for all things. He is my savior, my guardian and I share a personal relationship with him. There is no one greater than Jesus and I can testify for the same.”

These were the sentiments that were expressed by Mrs. Luz Maria Engineer as part of the Faith Sharing experience that was held yesterday as part of the Indian Mission Congress, Prabhu Yesu Mahotsav.

India’s first ever Indian Mission Congress on the theme ‘Let your light shine’ has taken up the task to empower the laity and make people realize that they form an integral part of the church.
Keeping this in mind, the Indian Mission Congress has drawn up various group sharing and participative programmes for the Indian Mission Congress. One of the programmes is the faith sharing experience.

‘How Jesus has touched my life’ was a platform for the laity to share how God has continuously worked miracles in their lives. Four speakers were chosen to represent different age groups and different regions.

Mrs. Luz Maria Engineer, born and brought up in a Catholic family, says that her spiritual experience with Christ was that of the blind man at Bethsida, who could see partially. But slowly and steadily God revealed himself to her through various people and events in her life.

Mrs. Engineer joined the Catholic Charismatic Renewal, a small prayer group of which she is currently the chairperson of the Bombay Service team for the CCR.

Challenges have always been in her way but Mrs. Engineer’s deep love for Jesus Christ has helped her to look at life as God’s gift.

“My greatest desire and prayer is that many more people may experience the joy of knowing and serving the Lord Jesus. The Lord is faithful. When he calls us into a personal relationship with him and we accept the invitation then we can be sure he will be with us, to guide and teach us. Our negative experiences as well as times of struggle all work for our good (Rom 8:28). Praise the Lord,” she reasons.

Mrs. Nancy Thomas, presently working for Fedex, has had experiences which have made her love Jesus Christ more deeply.

She says, “My faith in Jesus guides my happiness. He knows my hopes, my desires, and I lean on him for all things. He is my saviour, my guardian and I share a personal relationship with him. There is no one greater than Jesus and I can testify for the same. I have sailed through different phases in my life – with him by my side.” With sickness, family problems, work pressures, she still continues to help other youngsters who find it difficult to cope with life’s pressures.

Mr. Balaraj from Bangalore and Mr. Dominic Wanghom from the North East region too shared their experiences of how Jesus has touched their lives. “Sharing one’s experience not only helps the individual but also helps us reflect and see how Jesus Christ is touching our lives,” they said. “Let us realize that God is there with us every step of our lives. All we have to do is listen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment